RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Noel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 08:45:37 -0600
Kirt wrote:
>Kirt (who would rather feed the peanuts to a pig and eat the pig! ;)

My pigs read that Kirt. They are very offended. They say you eat the peanuts,
then they will eat you! ;)

Andrew Weil, in his book,"Spontaneous Healing", says that peanuts (and alfalfa
sprouts!) have high levels of naturally occurring toxins and should be avoided
or consumed in small quantities(p.163). Anyone know anything about this?

I tell you, I am certainly getting confused with all this different info on
what to eat. Is it best to eat just raw fruit(RF) or should one add some
raw veggies(RV) and maybe some raw nuts(RN). But then will I end up lacking
in something and have to add some raw animal foods(RAF). Then will I find
that I need to have some cooked animal foods(CAF) and maybe some cooked
veggies(CV) or cooked grains(CG)or maybe some cooked legumes(CL). Should I be
vegan, vegetarian, ovo lacto, meat eater, instincto or natural hygiene? Are
fasts good for you or bad for you? And finally we have The Zone!!! AHHHH!!!
And what is a food stop or a taste change anyway? Something to do with how I
feel after I eat a bag of RDSOC(raw double stuff oreo cookies)?

BTW, I did stop smoking last weekend. Its six days now. This is a big deal for
me. Severe chest pains manifested on the second day,I have pleurisy, maybe TB!.
I already have HEP C. It will be interesting to see what happens with all this
stuff on a much healthier regimen. Am moving slowly with diet changes.In spite
of all the confusion in the above paragraph I will move towards a 75% raw vegan
diet with supplements. Possibly adding some cheese/eggs eventually. No pigs!

I am enjoying following the dialogue on this list. Please don't be too hasty in
kicking people off.

The stuff below is from the Fun Facts E-Mail List, hope people don't mind, I
thought it was interesting enough to include.

Today's Fun Fact:

Originally February had 30 days. Julius Caesar took one day and added
it to the month named after him--July. Later, Emperor Augustus took
another day from February and added it to the month named for
him--August.

Source: "Knowledge in a Nutshell"

 Today's Fun Fact:

In Elizabethan slang the term "to die" meant to have an orgasm. This
double entendre was often used by John Donne, and by Shakespeare in
"King Lear."

Source: "2201 Fascinating Facts"
Our site is at: http://www.dreamsville.com/CSN/Wardo/fact.html

Bye Everyone and Peace,