RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 1997 23:08:06 -0700
>Kirt wrote:

>>The phrase "too natural" is kind of oxymoronic, no?

>>...experiment intelligently with cooked foods...

>Talk about an oxymoron!  Experimenting with unnatural foods is what got
>humanity into this mess.

Ha! Yes, of course, but our species' slide into cooked foods wasn't a
conscious experiment, but born of ignorance regarding the characteristics
of denatured foods. Our ancestors were only following their sensory
pleasure in their embrace of cooked foods, not knowing that it made a
difference. If I am to know that there is no value to any sort of cooked
food, I will need to experiment from my new frame of reference which is
approaching 8 years all-raw. Probably after a decade I will see if I can
get a taste-change from a series of cooked items. I won't fall over dead
I'm sure. Looking back, I see that I started all-raw with an intellectual
fear of cooked foods. As time has passed cooked foods have become less
something to fear and more like...well, cooked foods.

You and I can hold hands in rallying against factory foods and even
bread/grains/etc. but someone someday has got to give steamed veggies a
chance to prove their incidiousness! or not...:)

>>Since you feel that humans are naturally fruitarians I make the following
>>assumption: you have aspired to that ideal (100% fruit diet) in the past
>>and met with less than 100% success and began including some vegetables in
>>your diet. If so, how did you come to (and accept) the conclusion that it
>>was OK to eat veggies regularily?  Did it bother you that you didn't get
>>along >perfectly on 100% fruit even though it was the natural diet for
>>humans?

>Most days, I'm 100% fruit but I have never been 100% fruit for an extended
>period of time.  I eat more vegetables and nuts than my partners David and
>R.C. because I'm into heavy weight-lifting and hiking and if I was eating
>100% fruit it would be much more difficult to maintain my muscle mass and
>my 6'2" 200 lb. body (I used to weight 240 when I was cooked -- I was never
>fat, but I guess I had 40 extra lbs. of internal pollution to get rid of!).
>I believe that a 100% fruit diet is the best diet for a natural human.
>When I said that a 100% fruit diet would be "too natural," I meant it in
>the same sense like when you take away someone's cooked medication and give
>them a piece of fruit instead and they die -- of course the medication is a
>ridiculous substance to be ingesting and fruit is our natural food but the
>cooked-food mutant couldn't handle it -- it's "too natural."  Most of
>humanity is deformed and debased and they would die if they suddenly gave
>up their poisons and ate all fruit.  But hey, that's the way in which
>Nature works.  Survival of the Fittest remains an eternal biological truth.

Thanks for responding! I used to weigh a little over 240 when I was cooked
too. But I am only 5'10". Unfortunately, I lost 70 lbs before taking up raw
foods. Wish I could go back and do it again properly, but....

One thing you might find interesting from the French instinctos' experience
is that when a really obese (like over 300 lbs) person takes up instincto,
they are almost universally seen the be attracted to mostly RAF and the
weight comes off even faster than when fasting. One theory has it that the
lipase in RAF is being used to break down the (toxic?) fat in a streamlined
fashion. (The fat of obese people has been found to be lipase deficient
relative to normally-weighted folks.) RAF also seems to be essential for
recovering from certain types of immune disorders and degenerative nerve
diseases. My take is that overall, instincto-therapy has a better track
record than fasting and/or raw-veganism in remediating some of the more
heavy duty diseases, but there are no studies which support such a
statement. At one time it was thought that RAF might only be useful in
detoxing formally consumed cooked AF, but the raw-from-birth instincto
toddlers who would scarf down shellfish, fish, eggs, flesh, organ meats,
everything! with delight soon put an end to that notion...

Maybe someday the more serious instinctos and the more therapuetic NHers
can get along enough to share their records and try to make some sense of
it all...

Cheers,
Kirt