RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ward Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 1997 16:20:16 -0500
The way I heard it, it was not so much the loss of blood from the car
accident and refusal to receive a transfusion that did Bob in, but
anaphylactic shock. I was told by a relative that aside from the accident
trauma, the doctors were so alarmed at his 97-lb. weight that they
immediately decided to put him on an intravenous liquid protein drip. Since
they did not know Bob was eating as little protein as he was (due to his
caloric restriction regime) and was weaning himself off it, the amount of
protein they were feeding him was far too much for his body to handle,
which his body reacted to by going into shock. They were not able to
counteract the anaphylactic reaction with the usual emergency measures, and
he died shortly thereafter. Very sad, but one thing you can say is that
unlike T.C. Fry, Bob walked his talk to the end. We can admire him for that.

--Ward Nicholson <[log in to unmask]> Wichita, KS