RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 1996 09:13:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:
Pierre Gaumond <[log in to unmask]

 Robert W. Avery, <[log in to unmask]
> I recommend against medications. All medications are poisons and will screw
> up what you are trying to accomplish with your raw foods.

Agree.

> You will find that you will require larger doses to achieve the effects you
> desire because the body will resist these poisons vigorously and expel them
> more quickly on the raw food diet, just as all toxins are expelled more
> quickly on a raw food diet.

Actually, I don't agree 100% to this, especially with anti-depressants. It's
true that the body will expell more rapidly the drug. On the other hand, if the
raw food diet is well balanced, the chemical condition of the brain will
improve and the depression condition will tend to disappear if nothing
psychological tend to maintain the depression.

> Raw food diet tip: Make sure your raw food is organically grown as much as
> possible and try to keep your sweet fruit intake under 1.25#/day.

Yes, because organically grown foods should normally contain more minerals and
especially trace minerals. I mentioned this previously. I also mentioned that
excess free sugars is harmful. BTW, what means the "#" in 1.25#/day?

> Eat lots of leafy greens or concentrated greens (like Pines Green Energy).
> Greens (and beans) contain Nature's antidepressants --- B-vitamins.

Agree too. Note that minerals are as important, maybe more, than vitamins in
brain chemestry because they are also involved in signal (electric)
transmission between neurones.

> But as for depression, diet can't do everything. 30 minutes/day of hard
> exercise will eliminate depression. The only other remedy I know of is
> prolonged fasting. Take your choice. I wish you well.

It is also necessary to do everything that can possibly be done on the
psychological viewpoint to overcome depression: relaxation, yoga, meditation,
learn to think positive, visualization (mental imagery), etc, etc...

Pierre Gaumond.