RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 04:30:33 EST
From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
 Bob:
>> Fasting is still the best.

Sol:
>More data points, please.

Have you read any of Shelton's books on fasting?  He fasted more than
50,000 patients in his lifetime.  I know of no greater expert in the
subject.  All of his books are good ones, but "The Science & Fine Art of
Fasting" is his classic.

>add fat to my diet to balance the carbs (I'm at 8% body fat and
>exercise 5 to 6 times per week, including some weight training so the
>fat, mostly almonds, seeds, avocado and cold pressed oils, doesn't make me get fat.)

I agree that high quality fats are very beneficial.  Americans have been
trained to be afraid of fats, mainly because they're always ating the
rong ones.  Your lean physique is quite impressive.  You're doing
something right.

Bob Avery