RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michele Deradune <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 96 22:09:26 CST
>Submitted to veg-raw by: Nancy Dunlap <[log in to unmask]>

> I only recently started eating raw foods, exclusively. Actually, I just
>started this week. I haven't switched to purely vegetables and fruit, yet.

>I have been eating just raw fruit for breakfast and bread and broccolli
>for lunch. At dinner, I have to feed my kids, so I am concerned about
>their protein intake. I made a delicious raw chicken and celery salad. I
>admit that I did use mayonaisse. I don't know how to make a flavorful raw
>chicken salad without it. I followed a standard recipe, but just did not
>cook anything.

>I can't say the diet has made me feel any better. I guess it just takes a
>little time to get used to it. I have been feeling weak and actually as if
>I had the flu. Does everyone experience this when they start out?
>ND

Yes, it is very normal to not feel too hot when you first transition to raw
foods.  Headaches are quite common, constipation, fatigue, and many other
symptoms.  If you are uncomfortable in your symptoms, it might be a good idea
to slow down and eat more steamed and baked vegetables for a while and
transition more slowly.  These symptoms are caused by the stored toxins slowly
(or too quickly) exiting the body.  Once they are out, you should find you are
feeling 200% better than before you ever started -- more energy, etc.