RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ombodhi thoren st john <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 17:07:29 -0800 (PST)
almost intantaneously, miss westfall replied:

> I was just telling my father the other day that cooked food is "evil".
> You took the words right out of my mouth!
> Meredith

aloha!
	meredith,
		 and what did dad say?  your message made me laugh.  i have
often voiced similar sentiments to those close enough to hear.  i no
longer find it useful, other than as a joke, or when explaining
_the_essene_gospel_of_peace_ & other books of dr. edmond bordeaux szekely.
while browsing through covert bailey's new book _eat_smart_, i came across
this proclamation:

		food is not good or bad

		food is both good & bad

	by which, i take it to mean: all food has good elements in it,
and bad elements in it.  to me, the terms good & bad come across as too
absolute.  i like talking (at times) of useful & unuseful, beneficial &
harmful, or (thanks to tarthang tulku) skillful & unskillful.  i
recommend any of tarthang's books, especially _skillful_means_.  not food
based, but worth the effort.

	i have none of covert baileys books, but i did appreciate his
statement about good & bad.  the best way to use those terms, in my
opinion: as inseperable.  taoists try to go beyond duality, transceding
opposited and viewing all as whole, as "way"...

kindly bent to ease us,
		       bodhi