RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ombodhi thoren st john <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 04:55:04 -0800 (PST)
moderator muttered:

> I can't help here and can only add that zinc deficiency can be a pretty
> serious condition. Without sufficient amounts 300 different enzymes in
> the body cannot function properly and the thymus gland, a vital part of
> our immune system which produces T-cells and natural killer cells, will
> not be able to do its job. Increased susceptibility to colds and viral
> infections are the common signs of zinc deficiency. A couple of years
> ago one of the contributors to the Natural Hygiene M2M analyzed the
> nutrients in all the foods constituting a vegan diet and found zinc
> deficiency to be the most difficult to avoid.(even more than B-12 if my
> memory serves me. Bhodi, am I right? If are you still valiantly making
> your way through the 27 back issues, I am referring to Jerry Story and
> his nutritional database)

aloha!
	peter,
		still valiantly making my way through the 27 back
issues.  when i get to jerry's story about zinc, i'll let ya know (unless
someone here beats me to it).  lovin' it greatly, & i haven't made it
even halfway.

> :-)) If there are 5 people on this planet who have been able to remain
> healthy for an extended period of time (7-8 years minimum)on a raw,
> high fruit diet I would say the figure probably is a little high. ;-)

	excluding yogis of india, right?

> I will try out your idea of introducing more of these bitter foods to
> my diet and see what it does for my cravings for sugar. I am not crazy
> about bitter but will just have to re-educate my instincts I guess.:-)

	sounds so.... bitter-sweet!

> Marie, Welcome to Raw-food! What kind of improvement are you seeing? I
> understand that consumers of Barley Green after a while report a
> reduced need for animal products .

	theoretically, i like "green kamut" and "just barley", both from
the same company.  dried juice, no fiber, no maltodextrin, no cooked
brown rice, no kelp (i can take the last item seperately, the former
scare me away).  yes, marie, i too welcome you aboard!  come on all you
lurkers, jump on the bandwagon and share your light with us.  i'd even
like to know your shadows...

pretty good,
	    bodhi