RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 21:27:48 -0800
Tom:
>I was a fruitarian from 1971 through 1979. I was on nearly 100% fruit
>for at least 2 years of that time. I was living in Florida at the
>time; my summer diet was primarily mangoes and watermelon, while the
>winter diet was largely citrus and avocados. Almost all of the food I
>ate was local - grown within 10 km. of my home.

Tom, Thanks for a dynamite post and testimonial. I'll bet you that
there are those who will claim that 8 years was not a long enough trial
period and if just you had hung in a little longer.:-)
There is a handful of long time raw food eaters in the San Francisco
area who have been on a fruit-based diet for a number of years and who
claim/seem to be doing fine. One of them eats 30-40-% of his fruits as
cucumber, one is an remineralization activist and another claims that
consumption of blue-green algae and seaweed to be the secret to a
successful high fruit diet and seems to be an icon of health after
having been on the diet for 20 + years. What is your take on this?
Could large amounts of trace minerals be what is protecting some of
these individuals from serious deficiencies?

Best, Peter