RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Douglas Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>>
Date:
Mon, 06 Jan 1997 23:59:16
>As dietary fat declines from 24% to 6%, and these diets
> become richer in plant matter, breast cancer rates make a similar decline.
> Girls who eat a diet higher in plant-based foods have a lower risk of
> breast cancer and they reach puberty at a later age.

Age-at-puberty is directly related to ultimate lifespan.  Cancer
incidence is indirectly.  Studies such as this are real hard to
interpret, determining just which dietary changes are doing what.
But fats have been shown to be carcinogenic/life-shortening in other
studies.

>  Vegetarians have a 50% less risk of developing senile
> dementia than meat eaters.

There is a lot of work suggesting that animal-source iron is unable
to be easily removed from the body (as opposed to plant-source) &
this iron probably is one of the primary contributors to
alzheimer's.  (Give blood kids.)

Some on this list are going to doubt if raw fats and/or meats will
exhibit the same problems, but I have no doubt they will.

--Doug Schwartz