From:
Michelle Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 May 1997 09:48:40 -0400

Lundberg Farms briefly made a product called Riz Cous, an excellent gluten
free substitute for couscous.  Riz Cous was discontinued in November of 1996,
but Karen Skupowski of Lundberg kindly forwarded to me instructions on how to
make this product at home.  Here's how:  Grind long grain brown rice in a
food processor.  Spread on a flat cookie sheet and roast in oven at 350
degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes- stir several times.  Store in
tightly sealed containers or prepare immediately as desired.

Recipes abound for couscous but for those not familiar with this food here
are some basic guidelines.To prepare, combine equal parts Riz Cous and hot
liquids in a bowl and cover tightly. Let sit 5 minutes, then fluff with a
fork. If still too crunchy add a bit more hot liquid. The liquids will flavor
the rice. I have used stock, wine, water, leftover soup, etc. I usually add
other items in as well such as golden raisins, nuts, veggies, seafood. I
highly recommend this for backpacking.

I reached Lundberg Farms at http://www.lundberg.com/
Good luck and good eating.