RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 1996 22:17:38 -0700
>Submitted to veg-raw by: Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>

>>I recently obtained a copy of _Instinctive Nutrition_ by a woman in
>>Australia. She makes a couple references to Aloe Vera, comparing it in
>>detoxing effect to cassia (AKA casse). Since I have no access to
>>cassia,

>Cassia can be ordered through Manis at 808 965-6069.

Yippie! I've been a year without and miss it. Cassia is worth checking out
for any all rawist...Thanks.

>>I posted heavily from New Zealand about instincto and meat several
>>weeks back. Am now living in San Diego county, enjoying the weather
>>but there are so many people!

>Kirt, Welcome back! I have a response to your last posting on instincto
>somewhere om my harddrive. When I learn how to retrieve and send it, I
>will.

>In the meantime, The Natural Hygeine Many to Many, which you
>might have heard of, has quite a few instincto participants and a
>lively on-going debate on the pros and cons of the instincto life style
>that I think you would enjoy being part of.

(Are you the Peter in M2M?)
I just got my first (sample) issue. You can't imagine how refreshing it was
after some six years with very little contact with anyone raw, much less
instincto. I do value my "outsider status" in a way, but it's wild to hear
conversations about stuff I've only talked about with my wife!

veg-raw could be so much more lively, doncha think? Come on guys and gals!

OK, here's a subject: Miracle fruit. I just planted one of these shrubs and
according to the guy at Exotica (rare fruits nursery in Vista) the fruits
are boring enough but after eating some, lemons will taste sweeter. I've
only come across the phenomena (in reverse) one other time: in Thailand
there is a herb called "ka-teen" that tastes horribly like tobacco, until
you eat an oyster; then it tastes so sweet and pleasant you can't believe
it's a herb.

Anyone have any experience with, shall we say, taste-altering raw foods?
Maybe even milder, like you always enjoy, say, cherry tomatoes more after
celery (which is often true for me).

Cheers,
Kirt