RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 1997 07:17:51 -0700
>It is not a sign of maturity but that I apart from wanting to prevent a
>break between NFL and the list am curious to understand what they mean
>by many of their statements; especially after having met 2/3 of them
>and found them quite friendly. Of course you might argue that they were
>at their best behavior at the Natural Hygiene lecture where none of
>their views were likely to be challenged. This is a valid point but I
>think there might be more to the picture.

That's probably what kept me going to...

>>In looking over my post I find there _is_ content, alongside the
>>outrage, and concession as well.

>That is quite obvious. The content only needed to be served in more
>consumer friendly bites and the outrage tempered a bit.

Fair enough.

>>Perhaps the only thing left unstated was my complete bewilderment
>>that there are subscribers who find the NFL tack not only acceptable,
>>but actually defend it actively.

>I could not agree more and have adressed this issue to some degree in
>my last post to Bob A.

You addressed the issue very pointedly.

>>There may be some things worth polarizing about.

>If you by that you mean taking a stand I agree.

You are a mentor in that regard--in style, content, and "having your heart
in the right place". I can't think of anyone else who could do the fine job
you're doing moderating this list. A talent I'm not sure is fully
appreciated (by myself or some others). My frustration is that I probably
make your job harder at times...

Enjoying another blue sky day (but watching the horse from a distance for
the time being ;)),

Kirt