RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Douglas Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 1996 23:11:00
Bob wrote:
>They are well-supervisedand I felt as though they did a pretty
>good job for 1/3 to 1/2 of what a private dentist would charge.
>  It cost me nevertheless about $3500 which

Just a thought: A friend of mine goes to India each winter, &
has some of his fillings removed & replaced with gold each time.
 He figures that what he saves on dental costs more than pays
for his trips.  So you can get your teeth & your karma tuned up
simultaneously.

Getting back to what Michael said, I believe I have previously
suggested that:  There are chelating physicians who work with
progressive dentists, and they will start an IV of chelating
solution (something which will latch on to the mercury which
gets loosened up at the time of removal & help your body to
harmlessly excrete it out in the urine) and then send you next
door to the dentist for the removal.  Vitamin C is an
outstanding chelator in itself, & anybody getting fillings
removed should be suffused with the stuff well before (I'm
talking days anyhow), during & after the removal.  You should
take it all the time anyhow, in my opinion, not just for its
chelating abilities.  Bronson sells kilos for about $35:
800-235-3200.  A gram tossed into a blended salad makes a nice
tangy addition.  Citric acid (in citrus fruits) or lactic acid
(in fermented vegetable or milk products) are also great
chelators (so good in fact that they can ruin your enamel).

The good news is that mercury, lead, etc. can all be removed via
chelation.  It is well worth getting tested, & if you have high
lead or mercury levels, the chelator of choice is DMPS, which
only takes a 20 minute IV infusion (as opposed to 3 hours for
EDTA) & costs only $75 a pop at most places (vs. $110 for EDTA).

By the way,  I recently read something that suggested that even
the non-metallic tooth bonding agents & fillers will leach some
undesireable stuff, including aluminum (I think that some are
made of a porcelain, which I guess is a clay & thus would have
aluminum).

--Doug Schwartz