RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Judy Pokras <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 1996 22:09:59 -0500
On Sun, 28 Jan 1996 Michael Clingman <[log in to unmask]> said:
>* there was a pudding there whose only ingredients were hulled, buckwheat

>sprouts (sprouts, not greens), and dates, blended. It looked like white
>paste,  but it had a very nice flavor.

I'd like to try making this pudding.  What are the step-by-step
instructions for growing buckwheat sprouts (as opposed to greens)?  Thanks!

Also, in reponse to the mention of the raw pizza and a raw foods
restaurant, I wish there were such a restaurant in NYC!  Where is the one
mentioned?  I would love to hear where other raw foods restaurants are too.

I believe in eating raw foods, that they are the best thing to eat. But I
wind up eating cooked foods too, especially in such cold weather as we've
been having here.

Socially it is so hard to adhere to a raw foods diet.  It is even hard
socially just being a plain vegan.  I wind up being pretty reclusive
because of my dietary preferences.

My ideal place to live (or take a vacation) would be a community that had:

lots of raw foods/vegan restaurants,

a mild climate, and

people into making art (music, film, etc.) and being spiritual.

Oh, and proximity to the ocean would be nice too.

Anyone knowing of such a place, I would love to hear where it is. Thanks!

Judy in Manhattan