RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandy Labedz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 1996 23:34:34 -0400
Hi Shawn,

I'm very suspicious of any commercially dried fruit.  From what I've learned,
much of it is kiln dried at high temps and is essentially cooked.  The only
dried fruit I trust any longer is that which I dry myself in my dehydrator at
105 degrees and the only fruit I dry is figs during the once a year time when
my friend (who has a prolific tree and no appetite for figs)  gives me far
more than I can eat before they start to go south.

There's my opinion on the subject!

Smiles,

Sandy