RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dean Fienberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 01 Sep 1996 22:43:33 -0700
Submitted to veg-raw by: Dean Fienberg <[log in to unmask]>

People around me keep warning me of the dangers of the acid in citrus
fruits and pineapples.  Some say that these fruits do great damage to
the teeth.  Others say it eats away at the wall of the stomach, as well
as doing other internal damage.

I assumed these dangers were all based on myth until recently I began
eating huge quantities of oranges and have noticed a sporadic burning
sensation in my belly.  It seems to keep getting worse, so I plan to
stop with the oranges for a few days.

When I re-introduce them could smaller quantities eliminate the problem?
Could eating them later in the day make a difference?  Is there simply
no way the acid from oranges could be causing this problem?

Any information about the effects of these fruits will be greatly
appreciated.

Sincerely,
Dean