RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 1996 18:24:13 -0700
>Hi Elly, I tried it for a month or two recently (the Cell-Tech package
>of Alpha and Omega Sun plus enzymes), and though I was optimistic
>about it experienced no noticeable effect either positive or negative.

Spirit moves in mysterious ways. Ward, maybe you need to take it a
little longer before feeling any effect from it. Or maybe you are not
supposed to feel any effect at all. I know some people take this
approach. They just eat the algae to make sure they are covering all
their nutritional bases. They consider the algae a whole food, which in
their opinion should never have any 'effect'. They will often claim to
be feeling good from an already healthy lifestyle, and do not expect
any improvement. Yet, others, who take the algae, have bought into Cell
Tech's network marketing vision of making a profit off the algae,
regaining health and saving the planet in the process, that the effect
these people are claiming to be experiencing could very well be nothing
more than the cummulative effect of all the hope, hype & promise - a
new age placebo effect that often wears off, when they realize what
hard work it takes to build a business and how much they hate selling.

>While possible, both theories nevertheless remain in the realm of
>speculation to me, and as yet I have seen no convincing explanation to
>explain the disparity in results that people get.

My experience so far with the algae matches yours. I am not sure what
to believe myself and find both theories equally plausible and both
very likely. Since most people who might have a qualified opinion on
this issue, usually also have some hidden or not so hidden usually
financial interested vested (pro or con - one of the the main sources
of info for the critical piece Vegetarian Times did last year on the
algae was from a competing algae company, which went multi-level this
year), that it will probably take some time, before this whole issue is
settled.

Ward, good to have you aboard! I finally made it through all the back
issues of NH M2M last week. That was quite an experience!

>Ward Nicholson <[log in to unmask]> Wichita, KS

Best, Peter