RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandy Labedz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 1996 02:23:34 -0400
Hi Dean,

Did you see my posting on Garden Taste restaurant in Del Mar?  Also, the Raw
Restaurant in San Francisco is looking to open another in L.A.!   So if and
when I hear anything I'll let everyone know.  Other than that, I don't know
of any raw or mostly raw restaurants in Southern California.   I eat out at
health food places where they make a decent salad and have avocado or the
Soup Plantation (when I eat here I sometimes take nuts or an avocado, or,
since I don't eat all raw, have a baked potato).

Re Braggs - Patricia Bragg says it's unheated but it's obvious that it's
processed quite a bit since it doesn't look anything like the soybean it
originally came from.  Still, I do use it but not daily (any longer) and in
smaller and smaller amounts.  I don't like vinegar but I know the Braggs
vinegar is again, supposed to be raw.  Re the sprouted Essene type breads - I
used to really be into that, it is yummy.  I wrote to one of the companies
and asked at what temperature it was baked.  They wouldn't say exactly
(secret info!) but did say that even though it was  baked at a low
temperature, it needed to be considered a cooked food.  I think it's moist
just like my brownies used to be moist in the old, old days - the heat on the
outside forms a crust which keeps the inside from drying out.  My dehydrator
crackers have been dry and tasteless but somehow the Raw Restaurant in S.F.
made a dehydrator pizza crust which was not quite as dry and very tasty.

Sandy