RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 19:29:22 -0800
Bob Avery said:
>Without the bodhster around,

Where is he off to and when will he back me on the list?

>what will our hard drives eat for lunch?  Endless quarrels between
>NFL's and anti-NFL's?  Doesn't seem satisfying or fillling enough
>(though plenty raw) to me.  How about this?

Nobody is anti-NFL here. What some of us are objecting to is their
unnecessarily harsh & provocative style and refusal to engage in
meaningful dialogues with content.(though Stephen has made efforts
lately) On the subject of NFL I must say I am very disappointed with
the performance of people on the list like yourself who have been
supportive of their ideas and approach(at least somewhat)but who rather
than act like mentors & mediators never do much more than just pay them
lip service sprinkled with a few compliments now and then. It is by no
means by any effort on your side that NFL or Stephen is still on the
list, and if I were in these guys shoes I would have felt quite
abandoned by those who claimed to be my friends or supporters. I think
that Stephen would listen a lot more to you (or Rene, Ric L. or whoever
have expressed support for NFL)if you for example were to tell him
that calling children who eat cooked foods "retards" is neither cool
nor kosher and just not acceptable list behavior.(Stephen, this for you
to read too)
Bob, whether you like it or not in regards to these young men you are
an elder, and I think you should begin to honor your responsibility as
such. By continuously turning your back to the issue you are
encouraging the NFL style to be acted out even more and thereby causing
more strife and conflict on the list rather than healing and
communication and not making my job as moderator one bit easier in then
process.(If you do not understand what I am trying to say here I
suspect that being the new coordinator for the Natural Hygiene M2M for
a while might humble you a bit - in fact I will make sure it will ;-) )

Best, Peter

PS. The Howell interview was great BTW.