RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 1996 21:01:39 +0200
From:
Elly Gittens <[log in to unmask]
Maybe one of these days you'll like a mayonnaise to make a different salad
from your favorite salad or you get visitors. For these occasions I use this
recipe, altough it is not really a raw food recipe:
1 1/4 cup boiling water,
3/4 cup raw cashews,
1 T honey,
1 t. salt,
1/4 cup lemon juice.
Liquefy all ingredients except lemon juice until creamy-smooth. Briefly whiz
in lemon juice at last. Yields 1 cup.
(From: The joy of cooking naturally by Peggy Dameron, 1988, ISBN

Hope this helps,

Elly Gittens

Meredith:
>It's me again,
>I still have a lot of energy.  Had a long run today, and then went to the
>supermarket for vegetables.  As I walked down the aisles, I was amazed at
>all of the condiments available to make food taste like something other
>tha  wht the food is supposed to taste like.  Dips for apples, salad
>dressings, mustrad, BBQ sauce, mayonnaise, real sugar, fake sugar, stuff
>for pancakes, dips for chips, etc. etc.  It seems to me that the
>condiments outweigh the food in a typical supermarket.

Elly Gittens