RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 1996 23:08:06 -0700
From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
>Submitted to veg-raw by: Meredith Westfall <[log in to unmask]>

>Hello,
>Thought I would give an update on my coffee dilemma.  Something in Kirt's
>message made me say to myself, "I am sick of this habit."  Last night I
>started experimenting and decided I needed something with a little bit of
>a bite to get me up and out of the house.  I made Korean ginseng tea,
>added some American giseng elixir and then a few drops of stevia.  And
>you know what?  It satisfied me.
>I've decided to write everything down for the next month...what I ate,
>when I ate it, how I felt after, how I felt in the am, and how much I
>exercised.  I might be able to see some common threads unique to my body now.
>This morning I woke up with very little desire to eat anything sweet.
>The idea of salad with some Bragg's sounded delicious, though.  Usually,
>sweet appeals to me in the morning.  Any ideas?

How about eating some salad with Braggs! :) (I have no idea what Braggs
might be but it doesn't _sound_ evil.)

>Anyways, maybe I am ready to work on the caffeine.  I finally realized
>how much I actually spend per day running around at school and teaching.
>coffee, a bagel, a bottle of water, some sparlking water, etc.  Now that
>I am on a BUDGET, all of this needs to be analyzed.  Now I walk around
>with water I bring from home.
>Does the body just naturally go for more veggies after having fruit?
>If I have any insights about my primarily raw-food diet, I'll post it.
>Hope I haven't rambled on too much.

Not at all. Go for it and share it. Those "over 100 subscribers" need
something more entertaining to read than Peter and I debating whether
Lincoln's head or a pillared building is on a penny!

Has anyone else done the "write it all down" routine? How did it go? What
happened?

Sounds like a good idea.

Cheers,
Kirt