RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 96 20:22 PDT
From:
[log in to unmask] (Stuart Smith)
Submitted to veg-raw by: [log in to unmask] (Stuart Smith)

In article <[log in to unmask]> you write:
>Eating all the time - sounds good to me but some of the hygienic/raw food
>things I've read said this can be very enervating as keeps the body working
>constantly in the digestive mode.  Sure doesn't bother me though.  Eating
>heavy food frequently could be a problem but I can't see how fruit eating
>would be.  I think I'm going to go back and try a few nuts (feeling brave!)
>and see how they work out.  But do you think that eating so much fruit, like
>all morning, could cause blood sugar problems in some folks?

I should point out that IMHO, the only way to justify eating all the time is
if your stomach TELLS YOU TOO.  i.e. if you are hungry eat.  I would never
condone eating all the time and ignoring your body.  I try to get into
a cycle.  A glass of water in the morning and usually I'm hungry within
15-30min.  Sometimes not.  If I'm not, I don't eat.  When I'm hungry, I eat
some fruit.  I notice that if I've been taking care of myself, i.e. my
system feels "clean", I get hungry much faster.  Typically 30-45min, but
sometimes longer.  If I'm not hungry for 3 hrs after eating only a plum,
then I PAY ATTENTION and I don't eat.  I have a great faith in my body's
ability to figure out what it wants to a much better degree than western
medical science or any health food book or ideology.

Try it yourself and see what *YOUR* body suggests/demands.

Good luck..

<[log in to unmask]>  *  http://www.wimsey.com/~ssmith/