RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 21:51:07 GMT
From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
At 12:50 21/08/97 -0700,Shiela wrote:
>. I wonder where and how they [fats]  are broken down then.

As I understand it, those that are not used immediately are mainly deposited
in the cells.
When needed for energy they are metabolised (under low insulin conditions)
and converted to ketones which power the muscles and brain in the person who
is in fats-using condition.

There is a whole lot more to lipids than just energy - they are used in
every cell membrane for eg.
(need EFA's for the most effective membranes).

But I'm not an expert - I guess I'll study up when I get some time.

Lynton