RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 09:00:18 -0400
From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Dariusz:
> Any instinctos eating dried fruits here?
> What varieties (can't just about anything be dried and consumed?), and
> should there be other criteria than "organic" to take into account with
> such foods?

There are some controversies about dried fruits. Some dried fruits
can be found in nature (such as figs or dates), but not many. And
dried bananas don't exist in nature (I think). However, dried
fruits eaten in moderation won't harm IF THEY ARE NOT DRIED AT HIGH
TEMPERATURE. Instinctos generally don't accept fruits dried at a higher
temperature than 104 F (40 degree C), so sun-dried fruits are NOT
acceptable. However, I personally eat sun-dried fruits as an occasional
treat. Be careful that some fruits (like plums) are pasteurized before
being put into plastic bags.

> but I  do wonder if any instincto here can tell how natural honey is by taste/smell.

I cannot. Even slightly denatured honey has an instinctive stop.

Best,

Jean-Louis