RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 22:18:39 -0700
From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
>Is there any known way in which I could replace the nourishment that comes
>from flesh, or it is possible to be well-nourished with non-flesh animal
>products?

>Is the necessity of RAF universal for the human species, or some people
>could do perfectly well permanently without any RAF?

Hold on axel! :) Things are rarely as bad as they seem!

Some people _do_ get by on a raw-vegan diet (though probably most don't).
However, _many_ people get by on (and do well with) a raw/cooked vegan diet
(though they might find supplements useful--B12, seaweed, cod liver oil--I
don't know!).

If a raw vegan diet isn't working, and you don't care to go the RAF route,
then maybe consider the following:

1] Adding simply prepared cooked grains.
2] Adding small amounts of raw dairy (homemade yogurt from raw milk? raw
cheese/butter?)
3] Adding small amounts of raw egg yolk
4] Ocassionally preparing ceviche (raw fish marinated in lime/lemon juice
and spiced with onions, etc.)
5] Adding small amounts of lightly boiled egg (runny yolks)
6] Adding small amounts of pastuerized dairy
7] any combination of the above (but not at the same meal necessarily;
probably best to eat any of them with a big salad)

I'm really not the one to respond to this. Hopefully, the more vegan-minded
folks on the list will have some ideas for you. Maybe there are some
supplements which are helpful. I don't know.

But hang in there axel...steady as she goes, eh?

Cheers,
Kirt