RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 1997 08:32:16 -0700
From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>

>>  aloha earthrisers,
>>                    thank you for spreading spirulina.  at what
>>temperature does the drying occur?  more precisely, what *maximum*
>>temperature does the drying reach?  below body temperature?  below 110F?
>> below 116F?  below 118F?  what temperature do you never exceed?  does
>>spirulina gold have a different max. drying temp. than other products?

>Good question.

But not much of an answer, eh? I think Ms. Duran may end up in politics...:)

Ombodhi, one must realize that our ancestors were likely roasting their
spirulina over on open fire for much of their tenure. The question isn't so
much if the spirulina is raw as whether we should be boiling, microwaving,
baisting, broiling, rotating on a spit, barbecueing, deepfrying, wokking,
steaming, sauteing with mushrooms and raw butter, or burying it overnight
with hot rocks in a pit. ;)

Nice to see your bright smiley face on raw-food!

Cheers,
Kirt