Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 1996 23:02:55 GMT
From:

YYiiihaaa

Well the respond to my original post about the safety of rice twice and
other cereals was quite phenomenal. If all the people that  e mailed me
could now send me $10.00 dollars each,hey i would be travelling. Just
kidding.
No really it seems that the subject is on lots of peoples mind and i seem
to have hit a nerve there some where.
I am posting this to the list because a) there are soo many questions still
to be answered and b) because some people did not receive the original
post.
I do sort of apologize for the little belated response,but i was gone for a
few days and changed a lot of diapers of my now 7 month old twins. My 3
year old daughter robin helped a lot(she just told me yo write this down)

Any way here it comes.

First of all i except any criticism about some of my wording as i am still
not 100% fluent in the english language and also about some of my strict
opionions when it comes to the definition of safety of particular products.
Please remember that i base my information on my research that of the
celiac associations,the scientist and my knowledge and inside into the food
industries,specially the food production.(Great sentence)
I do take full responsibility for my statements but in the end it is up to
you the individual to  make the decision what you consider safe to eat and
what you do not. I just think that you have the right to all the
information you can get to make an informed responsible decision,especially
in regards to your kids.

The following are short definition of what i consider safe or unsafe.

Safe:
1. All ingredients used in a product are made in a glutenfree environment
and are themselves of course glutenfree.( For example riceflour that is
ground on the same mill as wheatflour is not considered safe under this
definition.)
2. During the production and packaging of the product there is to the best
of my knowledge no contamination possible
3. During shipping and storage the product has not been directly exposed to
gluten free products and stays tightly packaged until the product is in the
hand of the consumer.
If all requirements are met i consider this product safe.

Unsafe:
1. Product contains ingredients (obvious or hidden) that contain to my
knowledge gluten.(Or the ingredients do not meet the safe standards
2. If the ingredients are glutenfree but the production of the product is
made in a non glutenfree environment and to my knowledge there are chances
of gluten contamination through the air or directly through contact(in
machines etc) i would consider the endproduct unsafe.
3. I base my unsafe definition on the assumption that only a 0 percent
tolerance is acceptable on a glutenfree diet to the best of my knowledge.

Ok.Now based on these two sort of definitions that i use as my guide lines
i come to the following conclusions.

Nutty Rice Cereals = Unsafe. Possible contamination through use of same
machinary and transport of the cereal prior to packaging on wheatflour
dusted conveyor belts.

Kellogs Cornpops = Unsafe. Possible contamination through use of the same
machinary as other glutencontaining cereals,possible transport of cornpops
on wheatflour dusted conveyorbelst and finally possible contamination in
the pachaging room,as beeing expsoed to other gluten con taining cereals at
the same time. kellogs will not give and can not give a gluten free
guarantee on any of their cereals because of those reasons. Please read the
post "Info on Kellogs Cereals"

Rice Twice = Unsafe. There are hidden glutens in the brown rice syrup used
to sweeten that cereal,barley enzymes used. I only mention those cereals
here because those were the ones i got the e mail about.

Note: Cornpops in Canada always are considered not glutenfree because they
contain oats in the product. Also it is a different product all together
from the US Version.

If this helps to clear some question i am glad ,if not well than you ...

I do know that it is hard to give up even more foods,but we are dealing
with these realities.

Sorry folks. Again please not these are my humble opinions. But i stand
behind them.

Ted Wolff