From:
Bill Elkus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 11:29:32 EDT

Joe Murray said:

>The stealth fries will be test marketed in some selected stores in some states.
>....There are none planned test sites in Illinois or Nebraska.
>She was not able to tell me WHY BK was introducing stealth fries at all.
>they are not lower fat.

Last week, I spoke with the woman who is the director of marketing this likely
new product.  They are introducing it because they have found people prefer its
taste by a wide margin, and it stays hot longer.

The sites so far are in these states -- but if your state is not listed, be
careful, there is no guarantee that we will have notice of new sites being
added:

North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, Virginia, Alabama,
Kentucky, New York, South Carolina, West Virginia, Ohio, Colorado

Only selected sites within the above states have the gluten fries -- you will
probably still be able to find GF fries if you check around at enough locations.

I have been promised a call from Chet England, their director of product safety
(and the person who have this List much information about the 'old' fries last
year), and I will report on any results.

Bill Elkus
Los Angeles