From:
Nancy Lilly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 1996 12:54:45 -0700

Does anyone know if there is a good, comprehensive book on normal/abnormal
digestion that is understandable by the layperson?  Something like
"everything you alsways wanted to know about your gut but were too
embarrassed to ask your  gastroenterologist"?  You know - if you blow up
like the Goodyear blimp at four in the afternoon, is it likely to be from
your dinner the night before, from your breakfast, or maybe from the snack
you had for lunch?  What are the sequences of the digestive processes so
you can figure out where something went wrong?

 I can think of so many questions - it would be good to have knowledge of
processes so you can talk more intelligently with your doctor.  I know we
all have had to discuss and complain about a lot of our more intimate
problems with the medical profession, and it's easier for some than for
others, but if there is a good reference book out there that someone could
recommend, it would really be helpful.

Also, I made use of the Campbell's number to request the GF list, and got
the feeling from the lady's reaction that there have been LOTS of  calls
since the number appeared. Let's hear it for GF power!

Nancy