RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ombodhi thoren st john <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 09 Jan 1997 11:39:52 -0800
http://home.unicomp.net/~lschiele/gmtest.htm

            God's Way to Ultimate Health

                          By Rev. George H. Malkmus

The year was 1976. I was 42 years old and I was told I had colon cancer.

A tumor about the size of a baseball had been found underneath my left
rib cage where the transverse and descending colon come together. I was
devastated! I asked, "Why me Lord?" I didn't understand!

It was because of this - what appeared to be a tragic event in my life,
and the research and personal experiences that followed - that I was
taught GOD'S WAY TO ULTlMATE HEALTH.

Let me elaborate a little more on how it all happened. In 1976 I was the
pastor of a Baptist Church, near Glens Falls, New York, a church I
founded in 1970. It was a very successful ministry. Membership in this
church grew from nothing to over 600 members. In addition to the church,
we had a Christian School, grades K through 12, along with a Bible
Institute, both of which I also founded. Five large busses brought people
to the services, while my radio broadcast, America Needs Christ, was
heard on many radio stations each week. Over a dozen young people from
our church and school were in college preparing for full-time ministry.
Truly, this seemed to be the high point of my ministry and God was
certainly blessing.

Just prior to all this, I had watched my mother die of colon cancer. Mom
was a registered nurse, and she believed her doctors when they told her
that chemotherapy, radiation and surgery were her only hope of surviving.
Mom submitted to these treatments and died a horrible death! At the time
of her death, I felt it was the treatments she received at the hands of
the medical doctors that ultimately caused her death rather than the
cancer itself.

What was I to do? Should I submit my body to the same medical treatments
mom had? What I had seen my mother go through was so horrible! Also, as a
pastor for 20 years, I had sat at the bed-side of so many people and
watched the devastating effects of chemotherapy, radiation and surgery
experienced by others in the treatment of their cancers, I had also
conducted the funerals for many of them.

Another thing that bothered me was that in so many cases prayer didn't
seem to make any difference. I had seen some of the most dedicated
Christians, even after great faith, personal prayer as well as collective
prayer, get sicker and sicker and often die after going the medical
route. What should I do? I had a family and a church that needed me. Many
people told me I should go the medical route and some were putting
pressure on me to do just that.

It was during this time of uncertainty that I turned to an Evangelist
friend in Texas by the name of Lestor Roloff for help. Brother Roloff was
one of those "health-nuts." We often affectionately referred to him as
"Carrot Juice Roloff." I was really in a dilemma as to what I should do
for my cancer when I called Brother Roloff. His advice to me sounded
strange. He advised me not to go the medical route of chemotherapy,
radiation and surgery, as mom had gone... BUT TO SIMPLY CHANGE MY DIET TO
RAW FRUITS AND VEGETABLES, AND DRINK LOTS OF FRESH CARROT JUICE!

Wow! That sounded too simplistic! But it sure sounded better than the
medical route which I had pretty well decided not to pursue. So,
overnight I changed from a meat-centered, cooked and processed food diet
with plenty of sugar desserts, to an all-raw diet with lots of carrot
juice. I stayed on this total raw diet for approximately one year. I
didn't eat any cooked food during that year ... just raw fruits, raw
vegetables and one to two quarts a day of freshly extracted, raw carrot
juice.

The results were spectacular! Almost immediately I started to get well!
In less than one year, my tumor had totally disappeared. It simply got
smaller and smaller until it was gone. But that was not all. In less than
one year, every physical problem I had been experiencing also
disappeared! Such physical problems as hemorrhoids, hypoglycemia, severe
allergies and sinus problems, high blood pressure, fatigue, pimples,
colds, flu ... even body odor and dandruff were gone! Totally healed!

In the years that have followed - and I am over 60 years old at this
writing - I have not experienced as much as a cold, sore throat, upset
stomach, been to a doctor or taken as much as an aspirin. It is so
thrilling, at my age, to still be able to play football, basketball and
softball with the boys, jog five miles with ease, and have more energy,
endurance and stamina than I had when I was 20 years old.

With that as a little background, let me share how God used this
experience in my life to create Hallelujah Acres Ministries and the
writing of this book. You see, ever since that day in 1976 when I was
told that I had cancer, I have been researching nutrition, healthy
lifestyle and how it all relates to the Bible. Also, I have been
experimenting on my own body to see how it reacted to various foods.
Along with all this, I have also been watching and listening to the
testimonies of thousands of others who have made similar dietary changes.

My conclusion after all these years of research and experience is that WE
DO NOT HAVE TO BE SICK!!! Disease and sickness are self-inflicted! Almost
every physical problem, other than accidents, is caused by improper diet
and lifestyle! All we have to do to be well is eat and live according to
the way God intended! In the almost 20 years since I recovered from colon
cancer, one of the most basic and important things I have learned is that
there is a vast difference between God's ways and man's ways! I have
found that while most good Christians want to go God's way, and have
tried to protect themselves from the sins of the world, they have
accepted the world's teachings in almost every area of life concerning
how to care for our physical bodies, which are the temple of God. A
tragic example of this is when you look at the two ways to approach
cancer, one of the most devastating and horrible diseases in history. My
mother went the world's way (the orthodox medical route) in an attempt to
rid herself of her cancer. She accepted the drugs, radiation and surgery
of her doctors, and as far as I am concerned, these treatments were what
caused her death! I rejected the world's way and went God's way. I turned
to the Bible, adopted God's original diet as found in Genesis 1:29 and
every physical problem simply went away, including my cancer.

And my experience was not unique! My wife Rhonda came to a Health Seminar
I was conducting in 1991. (We were married April 11, 1992.) She was
wearing a size 20 dress at that time and was almost crippled with
arthritis. Within approximately one year after changing her diet and
lifestyle, she had lost over 80 pounds, reduced her dress size to a 10,
and her arthritis was totally gone. Even a degenerated spine, the result
of a bout with spinal meningitis at age 7, had healed. Yes, X-rays
revealed her spine was totally healed, degeneration gone in less than two
years after changing her diet and lifestyle.

Another example is a dear friend of mine who was a diabetic when I first
met him in 1989. At that time he was trying to control his blood sugar
with pills prescribed by his doctor. I encouraged him to change his diet
in 1989, which he did not do. Two years later the doctor told him that
the pills were not adequate any more and that he must be admitted to a
hospital to adjust and stabilize his blood sugar and start him on two
daily shots of injection insulin. Again I told him he needed to change
his diet. And again he paid no heed.

After another two years had elapsed, the doctor told him that he needed
to put him into the hospital and cut off his foot, which is not an
uncommon occurrence for those who go the orthodox medical route in the
treatment of diabetes. Only this time he said "no" to his doctor. Instead
he came to one of our seminars and immediately adopted God's Natural
Diet. In less than two weeks he was off insulin and his blood sugar was
in normal range. That was over two years ago. Today, he is still off all
medication and still has both his feet!

We have received thousands of testimonies as dramatic as these, and some
even more so, from people who have switched from the world's way of
eating and treating physical problems to God's way. As you continue to
read through this book you will read many of their testimonies.

What we need here in America and around the world is a HEALTH REVOLUTION!
We must turn away from the world's way of dealing with physical and
emotional problems and turn to God's way! The world's way is bankrupting
us, costing Americans over a trillion ($l,000,000,000,000.00) dollars a
year while the physical and emotional condition of our population -
Christian and non-Christian alike - continues to decline.

In order to make intelligent changes, we must realize there are
alternatives to the world's approach to health and how to deal with
physical problems. We must understand both ways ... and why one works and
why the other does not. Sadly, very few people, including most pastors,
preachers and evangelists, have been aware of God's way, when it comes to
the physical body. Thus we have been programmed only in the world's way,
even from the pulpits in our churches.

Because of this programming, most people, when they first hear of God's
ways, think them strange and "far out". So in order to help understand
the differences, let's look at a few physical problems being faced by
many people today and compare the two ways of dealing with these
problems.

Take cardiovascular problems, which result in heart attacks and strokes.
Heart disease is the number one killer (50% of all deaths) in America
today. Every 34 seconds, someone in America dies from physical problems
associated with this disease. The cost to those who go the medical route
for the treatment of heart disease is over $110 billion per year.

The first approach usually taken by medical doctors in an effort to
control this problem is to prescribe drugs. It is not uncommon for a
person with high blood pressure to be given as many as three or four
drugs. One of these drugs will chemically force the blood vessels to
dilate (get bigger), thus lowering blood pressure. But this drug causes
the heart to speed up. In an effort to control the speeding up of the
heart caused by the first drug, the doctor usually prescribes a second
drug to slow it down. Each of these drugs is capable of causing the body
to retain fluid. Thus the doctor often prescribes a third drug, a
diuretic, which is designed to chemically force the body to release the
extra fluid being retained in an effort to try and keep all these drugs
(poisons) from doing more harm.

Almost all of these drugs can cause impotence in males. The diuretics can
cause dizziness, headaches and even depression ... while at the same time
raising cholesterol levels! Then there are the "beta blockers" that can
cause not only depression, but insomnia, as well as liver and kidney
damage. The world's approach of using drugs just causes more and more
problems within the body while never dealing with the cause. To top it
all off, there is the devastating financial costs of going this medical
route. In an effort to reduce cholesterol, doctors prescribe over two
billion dollars ($2,000,000,000.00) worth of drugs a year, and frankly,
they don't do the job. Yet the side effects from these drugs can cause
liver damage, headaches, diarrhea or constipation and are now being
linked to depression, violence and even suicide.

Angioplasties (balloon therapy) is another way the world tries to deal
with clogged arteries. The average cost of this procedure is $ 15,000,
not counting the drugs and follow-up. And yet a study in the Journal of
the American Medical Association in 1992 showed that half of the
angioplasties in the United States were probably unnecessary. Studies
also show that for those who underwent this procedure, 57 percent have
their arteries clog back up.

Then there is by-pass surgery. The average cost of this operation is
$45,000. It is a very dangerous operation, that finds most patients back
on the operating table within three to five years (because their arteries
have clogged back up again), if they are not dead. About 5 percent of
by-pass surgery patients die on the operating table.

One of the latest of the new technologies for cleaning out the arteries
is called atherectomy. This procedure is something like a Roto-Rooter,
They take a tiny, high-speed rotating knife, insert it in the arteries
and ream out the cholesterol. This also is a very risky surgery.

Now compare all the above efforts by medical doctors (the world's way) of
treating cardiovascular problems with God's way. Here at Hallelujah
Acres, we have testimony after testimony from people who had experienced
high blood pressure, high cholesterol and clogged arteries who were able
to totally reverse these problems, usually in a very short time, by
something as simple as changing their diet and lifestyle. How can this
be?

Well, it all goes back to our failure to eat and live the way God
intended. The world's diet is full of fat, salt and other contaminates
that clog up our arteries and produce all sorts of physical problems.
Yet, in most instances, all people have to do to correct a physical
problem is change their diet and lifestyle! When they do this, the body
will usually cleanse the arteries by itself and the problem will usually
simply disappear in a very short time. And furthermore, studies show that
if a person stops consuming animal products, they will reduce their
chances of ever having a heart attack or stroke by over 96 percent!

What is the cost of going God's way? Probably a reduced grocery bill and
a long healthy life. While the cost of going the world's way can be
continued physical problems and thousands and thousands of dollars in
medical bills for treatments that never get to the root cause - namely
diet and lifestyle. I have found that the world's way (accepted medical
procedures) for dealing with physical problems is almost always wrong!
Take diabetes as another example. Compare the world's way of treating
adult-onset diabetes with God's way in the case of the friend we just
read about. Going the doctor/drug route, my friend had continued to
deteriorate for years as his doctor increased his insulin while using
antibiotics and other drugs to treat infections in his feet, which the
doctor told him were being caused by his diabetes.

By the time the doctor told him that he needed to amputate his foot, my
friend had already spent over $40,000 treating his diabetes! But he
refused to let the doctor cut off his foot. He simply changed his diet
and lifestyle, and in less than two weeks he was off insulin and his
blood sugar level was in normal range.

As I write this, it has now been two years since my friend changed his
diet and lifestyle from the world's way to God's way. He has taken zero
drugs during these two years and he still has both feet. He also had
heart problems which have totally disappeared.

Take arthritis as another example. The medical profession still says that
the cause of arthritis is not known. The only thing they tell their
patients is that they can expect it to get worse and worse and that there
is no way to reverse it. They also treat arthritis with drugs and surgery
while the patient's physical condition usually continues to decline.
Cortisone and similar drugs are often administered to try and help
relieve the pain, but it doesn't last long and when the pain returns, it
is usually worse than ever. The side-effects from these drugs can include
high blood pressure, diabetes, cataracts, bone loss (osteoporosis),
ulcers and more.

Now compare the orthodox medical approach to the testimony of my wife
Rhonda with her arthritis and what happened when she changed from the
world's way to God's way. She was crippled up with arthritis for over 10
years, unable to walk a block without extreme pain. She took pain pills
by the handfuls. Within one year after changing her diet, she went from
not being able to walk a block without severe pain and exhaustion to
speed-walking four miles in less than an hour! Her arthritis was totally
gone and she has not had a pain pill since. Not even an aspirin. What did
she do to bring about this total elimination of arthritis from her body?
She simply changed from the world's diet and lifestyle to God's diet and
lifestyle, and all her physical problems simply and quite quickly
disappeared.

Compare my mom's experience with mine in the treatment of cancer. Mom
went the world's way and accepted the doctors' chemotherapy, radiation
and surgery ... treatments that I felt ultimately caused her death. I
refused the world's treatments, adopted God's diet as He gave it in
Genesis 1:29, and my cancer simply disappeared. I have been totally free
of all physical problems since 1976.

On God's Ultimate Diet, almost every physical problem usually disappears
in a comparatively short period of time! Weight normalizes. Emotional
problems disappear. Life takes on a whole new glow and becomes exciting.
Until someone personally experiences it, they cannot fully comprehend the
total scope of the benefits of living and eating God's way. It improves
the physical, as well as the emotional and psychological well-being of a
person. People become happier, depressions go away, problems don't seem
so monumental. Our whole outlook on life improves. Even the spiritual
part of us becomes more attuned.

Most doctors mean well, but all of their training is in the world's way.
In fact, the average doctor knows practically nothing about nutrition
because the typical doctor has received less than three hours of
nutritional training in his or her entire preparation to become a doctor.
And the nutritional training they do receive is the world's way, not
God's way, so what they have learned about diet is not able to help our
bodies to strengthen their immune system and heal disease by creating
healthy new living cells.

Sadly, most doctors are just as sick as their patients! If doctors cannot
keep their own bodies well and functioning properly, how in the world can
they help anyone else? However, we are thrilled to find that more and
more doctors are starting to question their indoctrination in medical
school as they see the devastating consequences of their drugging,
burning and cutting patient after patient. Many are allowing their eyes
to be opened and are moving in God's direction. Pray for them. The peer
pressure and controls on them by their union, the American Medical
Association, is very powerful. In many states, a doctor can lose his
license if he recommends or treats his patients' physical problems with
anything other than drugs, radiation and surgery.

The key to preventing heart attacks, cancer, diabetes, arthritis and a
host of other physical problems is in our own hands. We can literally
control whether we are going to be sick or not and how long we are going
to live by simply choosing how we live our lives ... the world's way or
God's way! God's way leads to a long, happy, pain-free, sickness-free
life! While the world's way usually leads to a short, unhappy,
sickness-filled life with lots of pain and suffering, to say nothing of
the financial costs. This book sets before you two very different paths,
one a broad road (the world's way) that leads to destruction and the
other a narrow road (God's way) that leads to life! I trust that you will
very carefully consider both roads as you continue to read through this
book and that you will choose "GOD'S WAY TO ULTIMATE HEALTH!"

"...I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore
choose life, that both you and your seed may live:" (Deuteronomy 30:19)