RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 10 May 97 11:25:07 -0000
>Hi Deborah and Zephyr,
>
>I still hesitate to write an answer to your letters that will be very very
>long. There are so much issues to be dealed with and a lot of things have
>to be carefully explained.
>
>To help me with some facts I would like to know from you:
>
>Deborah, you mentioned, that Zephyr had his teeth dentally handled after
>you
>met him. Can you/Zephyr give an exact listing, which types of material he
>had in his mouth before the treatment and now? Also how many teeth are
>treated, how many are intact?

I damaged my teeth by taking a naive and arrogant position that since I
am eating naturally I don't need to brush my teeth.  So I took my
denatured digestive flora and let lots of fruit and other food just sit
in my mouth unremoved for years.  I'm actually lucky my teeth weren't any
worse.  I got a complete dental restoration, including gold crowns,
inlays, onlays, and foils, three root canals, and composite fillings on
my lower front eight teeth.  I had only two teeth without cavities, and
four with small surface ones.  I had no teeth removed.

Now my mouth is healthy and I practice adequate or better oral hygiene.
I brush and floss at least two times a day sometimes more.

>Zephyr, how long did you practice raw nutrition, since when did you change
>to instinctive nutrition and since when did you take Cassia? Did and do
>you.take Cassia daily or when?

I began eating instinctively in the summer of 1990.  That's the only type
of raw diet I've practiced.  I haven't used cassia much.

>I consulted my Pschyrembel (german clinical dictionary, in Germany a must
>for each physician) for trichinosis and beside other interesting facts it
>said that - trichinosis produces an extreme eosinophilia (correct word?), i.e. the
>number  of eosinophils in the blood of the host increases extremely
>- the encapsuled trichines survive in the muscles of the host for 10 to 30
>  years - for later stages of the disease (which Zephyr certainly reached) a drug
>  named Mebendazol will help.

Thank`you very much.

Zephyr