From:
The Kavanagh Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 23:41:55 +0000

Patricia Draper asked me:

>Thank you for the long posting about your experience with the gluten free
>diet.  Will you please explain to us on the list how or what it is that
>epsom salt baths help?  Is it for skin problems only?  Or does this kind of
>soak have other beneficial results?

Hi Patricia,

Helen here,

AS I said in my original E-MailI, I am talking about My-self, this is
not advice., it is just about how I coped with my Epilepsy and the
changes in it, after I went on a C/G/F Diet ect.

The original Idea behind taking the epsom salt baths.  Was nothing to
do with the Epilepsy.  I decided to include the baths after taking our
whole medical history and the medical history of the rest of my family
into consideration.  Along with the intolerance problems.

I also have Two First Cousins who have Autism, my Mothers side.  One
mild and One severe.  My Mothers Sister has Schizophrenia.  And.
Niall and I also have Dyslexia.  Also the IgAN (Kidney Disease) that
WE both have is an Immune Complex Disease characterized by deposits of
raised immunoglobulin(antibodies) in this case IgA.  Which are carried
all around the body by the Mucosa.

When I first read about the epsom salt baths.  It was on the Autism
Listserv.  They were talking about phenol sulfer transferase.and about
this enzyme having two functions, One of which, is that it ensures
that your mucous membranes are coated with a slimy surface to protect
them and make them resilient.

So I thought, Well it might help with the IgAN.?  Maybe I am wrong, I
am just a Mother Trying to keep her children Healthy.  Also there was
a lot of post, saying it helped people with Dyslexia, If used at the
same time as EFA.  So as it was non invasive and low cost, I decided
to give it a try