From:
Stephanie Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 1996 18:04:36 -0700

This is my first time on this listserve.  I've been reading for a
while (during the time that I tried to determine whether or not I was
wheat or gluten intolerant).  A number of you have talked about weight
gain (and some of you are concerned).  Have you read The Zone diet--it
fits in rather well with celiac disease.  My husband who is 6'1" and
weighed almost 200 lbs went on the diet and lost weight rather
rapidly.  He has almost become too thin.  The interesting part was
that his high cholesteral and high triglycerides came into normal
range for the first time.  I am NOT involved with the book or any
products involved with this diet.  But I suggest you read it and try
it.  My husband is a TRUE believer.  He raves about this to all his
friends.  Stevie G