Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 1996 10:52:58 +0100

I sometimes am awakened from a sound sleep with severe leg cramps (in
the lower leg calf region). I understand this can be a result of calcium
deficiency/ a celiac symptom. These bouts with cramps seem to come & go
sporadically~ so I have not observed any particular pattern .... like
better with more exercise, or higher calcium intake.....  Does anyone
else have information /experience on how to stop the cramps from
occuring in the first place?

"We should all be concerned about the future because we will have to
spend the rest of our lives there"-  C. Kettering

--My two cents on the labeling discussion: Manufacturer's will do what
is required. The FDA upgraded & improved the cholesterol & fat content
portion of labels. They stopped short of upgrading the "fine print"
portion. "Natural Flavoring" or "Spices" is too vague. I'm amazed that
manufacturer's are allowed to change ingredients without consumer
notification (over the counter drug inert ingredients for instance). I
think it is very reasonable to ask for consistency, and better
disclosure. I hope to look back at this period of labeling as "the bad
old days".
~Fran Gillespie