RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 1996 17:34:58 GMT
** Reply to note from veg-raw-list <[log in to unmask]> 05/03/96 08:12am -0400
> Dear veg-raw Subscribers
> I am unsubscribing Laurie Forti from the mailing list.  Laurie has been
> sending in a large volume of posts, a number of which, in my opinion,
> display an intolerance for alternative viewpoints.  I simply do not have
> the time to go through and decide which are acceptable and which are not.
> For this mailing list to work, subscribers need to take personal
> responsibility for what they are posting.

(These are my opinions on moderation in general and veg-raw)

Yes, it seems to have got ruff recently, I do not envy you MC! Laurie has always
been blunt, but his opinions should be respected, he should be entitled to say as
he chooses- we all should, I draw the line on my lists only when personal insults
(obsenities etc...) start. IMO if a person cannot defend their viewspoints with
facts & figures they should not make them, if you are wrong, be honest and admit
it, that is part of being a mature adult.

Curtesy is nice, but nobody should be incriminated if they do not offer it. I
think finding the truth using logic and good data is more important than issues
of individual ego. If a person feels offended, they should advise the moderator
enclosing the offending mail, and the list also. If *the list* agree the offender
should be removed. (I favour sharing decisions, not unilateral actions)

> If anyone wishes to continue discussion woth Laurie they can email him
> directly at [log in to unmask] or participate in the
> vegan-l mailing list.  I believe that Laurie is one of the moderators of
> the vegan-l list.  (I do not have the address of the vegan-l list but it
> can be obtained from Laurie or from John Coleman, [log in to unmask]
> Perhaps John will post the address here.)

 Thank you.

 Michael

Official user sub info on vegan-l? mail Traub for subscribing details,
or try sending message subscribe <name@host> to [log in to unmask] Upwards
of 50 messages/day can come from this list.

"Contributions sent to this list are automatically archived. You can get a
list of the available archive files by sending an "INDEX VEGAN-L" command
to  [log in to unmask] (or  [log in to unmask]).  You can  then
order  these  files  with  a  "GET VEGAN-L  LOGxxxx"  command,  or  using
LISTSERV's database  search facilities.  Send an "INFO  DATABASE" command
for more information on the latter.

Please note that  it is presently possible for other  people to determine
that  you are  signed up  to the  list through  the use  of the  "REVIEW"
command,  which  returns   the  e-mail  address  and  name   of  all  the
subscribers. If  you do not  want your name to  be visible, just  issue a
"SET VEGAN-L CONCEAL" command.

More  information on  LISTSERV  commands  can be  found  in the  LISTSERV
reference  card, which  you can  retrieve  by sending  an "INFO  REFCARD"
command to [log in to unmask] (or [log in to unmask])."

Unofficial sub info on vegan-l

This list is run by a tin-pot fascist, Michael Traub <[log in to unmask]>,
and if you attempt to debate raw fooding scientifically there, or criticise
cooking or medicine (or just about anything), you will be attacked by a number of
particularly nasty individuals (Bill Maddex, Kimberley Phillips et al) and Traub
will back them and blast you off. It happened to Laurie, then me.

Laurie has nothing to do with moderating vegan-l and was kicked off (allegedly
for being too critical of one of my posts!), after some severe lies and highly
unethical behaviour by the list and its owners! (Hipocrasy is the order of the
day at vegan-l)

I was later kicked off for repetatively challenging, and then finally for
smashing (I have my limits), an unethical nutritionist (Ginny Messina) for
dangerous advice about phosphates (amongst other things) after also repetatively
pointing out the errors of her cooked glop "nutritionist" propaganda. Also I got
blastings from Traub for attacking the medical industries exploitation of humans,
some vegan.

A safer bet for open debate is the unmoderated vegan-talk list run by Joe Clark

Folks into veganism and sXe personal development are welcome to the Straight Edge
Vegan list that I am currently moderating <[log in to unmask]>, this is generally
favoured by the young and anarchic folks- anyone with ideas about body cleansing
and so forth is welcome.

Hope this helps,

TTFN
John