RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
[log in to unmask] (Laurie Forti)
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 96 18:50:37 -0500
 >>> Part 2 of 2...

 Md> human nutritional needs.
    I used human milk as an insightful approach to determine what our
true _protein_ needs are, not as a claim to other nutrients as you
suggest.

 Md>  Also, milk has very little sugar, mostly in the form of lactose
 Md> (slow to digest), while fruit is loaded with fructose, glucose,
 Md> other sugars, all of which are digested very rapidly and can
 Md> produce a glucose spike with associated sugar rush.

    Interesting speculation, however, I have known a 'hypoglycemic'
addicted to CocaCola who, after some initial detox and stabilization
on a raw diet, could live on a pure fruit diet for weeks with no
hypoglycemic rollercoaster.  I have also known other people who would
fall asleep after a little commercial sugar while having absolutely
no problems with a fruit diet.  All sugars aren't equal.