RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michele Deradune <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 96 00:56:22 CST
One thing I have found interesting:  though I have heard it reported that
people on raw foods are always hungry, I have also heard the opposite reported.

I have a history of overeating, and my own experience is that the more pure and
clean my diet is, the less I even THINK about food as well as eat it.  I have
been "getting back" to the raw foods for a week or two now, and found myself
anything yet.  It took me an unusually longer amount of time to answer myself
that question, not only because I had not eaten anything solid yet, but also
the other day asking myself 5-6 hours after arising whether I had eaten
because I simply did not FEEL hungry, and my brain was thinking that since I
didn't feel hungry it must mean I HAD eaten something that morning.  Yet, after
a thorough replay of my day it was clear that I had not.

To me, this is one of the most wonderful freedoms I feel with a high-raw diet:
the freedom from a terrible addiction to constant food anxiety!!