RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Meredith Westfall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 1996 22:21:08 -0500 (EST)
Hello all,
Happy holiday greetings.  Had a wonderfully quiet day yesterday...just my
dad and I feasting on durian and papaya.  Boy, is durian good (Kirt, I can
see how an addiction would form).  And to think I spent three months in
Thailand and didn't really venture out and try this fruit.  Guess I got
stuck on the pineapple.  The Japanese have a great tradition of cleaning
their houses before New Year's Day rolls around. I've adopted this ritual
since 1993, so I go on a cleaning frenzy of sorts.  There's something so
refreshing about starting the new year in order.
I also started a fast today (first time ever).  I haven't decided for how
long I want it to last.  I'm going to take it day by day and see how I/my body reacts to it.
It's almost bedtime and I must say that day one was easy.  No feelings of
hunger.  My stomach did grumble once while I was teaching but that was
about it.  I am hoping to conquer my fear of hunger by doing this.  Face
what you are afraid of and the fear will go away, or so they say.
I do have a strange sensation in my ears.  This also happens when I don't
eat for a while.  it's a sensation of my coming down with an earache, but
that never happens.  It's an awareness of "oh, I have ears" when I
usually don't think about them.  Any insights?
I also went to the healthclub and did a light workout.  The real treat
was the steamroom to cleanse by body of whatever toxins are in there.  It
felt really great.
Anyone have resolutions for 1997?

Happy 1997
Meredith