From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jun 1996 22:09:11 -0400

At 04:52 PM 6/22/96 -0400, [log in to unmask] asked:

>Can someone tell me what is considered normal on the G Casein and the G
>Gluten blood test results? My child's results were RAST values of +5 and +3,
>respectively. I understand this is considered moderately high but I don't
>know what is normal. Alletess Labs did the testing.

It is my understanding that there are no standards for these tests and each
lab uses its own scales. Alletess uses these G -RAST values for both casein
and gluten:

   0 - 1670 = 0
1671 - 2700 = 1+
2701 - 4100 = 2+
4101 - 5900 = 3+
5901 - 7600 = 4+
7601 - 9500 = 5+
     > 9500 = 6+

>Also, I am looking for a soy or rice milk that is both gluten free and casein
>free.

There is a Milk Substitute FAQ (now at version 3.0) that is stored on the
mailing list. It is mostly a compilation of various people's opinions of the
different ones available in the marketplace. It is now some 21K in length
and you can (1) retrieve it by sending GET CELIAC MILKALT in a message body
to [log in to unmask]

or (2) view it on the web at: http://www.panix.com/~nomilk/milkalt.txt

or (3) view it on a link off of:

  http://www.fastlane.net/homepages/thodge/archive.htm