From:
"Max Desorgher" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 1996 13:41:44 +0000

Firstly, thanks to everyone who wrote and welcomed me to the list.
Your replies were very helpful, as well as making me feel that
there are people out there who care. I'l  try and reply to some of
you individually.

I'm feeling stronger every day. I have no trouble keeping to the GF
diet. The first days, I lived on yoghurt, fresh and dried fruits,
nuts and honey. For lunch, I've discovered a great stir-fry idea -
young leeks, soybean curd (tempeh) and broad beans, fried in sesame
oil tastes great!

Holland has a national information center for food sensitivity (LIVO)
who for a mere 18.25 guilders have sent me a booklet listing
thousands of gluten-free products. Does such a scheme exist in other
countries? Unfortunately it doesn't list imported products, so that I
couldn't find tabasco on the list, although I know it is
gluten-free. Worcestershire Sauce is still a problem - there seem to
be several types available here. The original Lea & Perrins version
made in the U.K. is not listed as gluten-free.

I have one burning question at the moment - Haagen-Dazs
Ice-cream! Anyone know if it is okay?

and Sr. Tracey wrote:
> I would recommend finding a good allergist.  I found one who has
> worked with my allergies, my celiac disease and also how I deal with
> stress, and I am now off inhalers and enjoying life!  I still have
> asthma problems occasionally, but it is manageable.  If you are
> taking medication for the asthma, make sure it does not contain
> gluten as a binder...!

Thanks again for all the advice,
Max Desorgher