RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 1996 13:20:44 -0800
>We all wanted to get the volume down on veg-raw, but this is
>ridiculous!

I like the slower pace for a change. Some of us have still have not
caught up with the past volume. Things will probably begin picking up
again after the holidays.

>Suddenly, silence from NFL.  Have they ended up being
>unsubscribed?

No. They are still with us.

>I like Sandy's way of putting several different thoughts into a single

I agree. It also cuts down on the number of posts.

>Thanks for those recipes.  I wasn't even aware of these 2
>"cook"books, but will keep my eyes open for them.

Do not look too hard. The one is out of print and the other "Uncooking
with Jamey & Kim" is available through mailorder only. To order it call
619-689-6124. I highly recommend the book which is full of gourmet
recipes.

>In long overdue response to your suggestion several months
>ago that vegans are "speciesists," I would submit that vegans and
>other vegetarians are kingdomists, those who don't mind eating other
>animals but wouldn't eat a human are speciesists, and cannibals are
>the only equal-opportunity eaters.

Just goes to show the the limits of affirmative action. :-)

>Calorie-restricters, Is there any measure to differentiate between
>zealous calorie restriction and anorexia?

As anorexics usually live in denial of their condition it might be
quite difficult fot you to get a straight answer to your question. I
suspect that there are many functioning anorexics hiding under the
label of calorie restriction. I am, of course, not implying that this
is the case with Bob or Douglas only that if they were they would
probably not be able to confirm it to you.

Best, Peter