RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert Wynman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 20:06:52 -0400
n a message dated 97-08-10 18:01:06 EDT, [log in to unmask] writes:

> My juicing idea was a bad one.  It was a false alarm - juiced food won't
 get you a stop; it doesn't for me anyway.

Bob:
Yes, my experience too.

> I really, really cannot believe what I am experiencing with IE right now.
 It's truly amazing.  I don't crave fruits anymore; my sense of smell and
 taste seem to have become more efficient after these few days of IE; I'm
 starting to appreciate veggies more and more.  Funny how all the things
 Natural Hygiene teaches you (fruits in the morning; don't mix whatever
 with whatever; don't overeat) all become reality once you begin to eat
 instinctively, and you don't even think about them!

Bob:
Yes, I.E IS the nutrition part of NH!  Simple, eh?  :-)

> How can we [society] have gone so far away from this?  It is so very much
better than counting calories or forcing yourself to eat things that you
don't really like the
 taste of.

Bob:
EXACTLY!!  Easy to 'splain how "society" got so far afield, but why is it so
damn difficult for Natural Hygienist to see & experience???  Ellie, Boyd &
others have been discussing I.E. (we call it I.N.) in our NH M2M with about
100 folks since '93 & only about five probably believe & eat instinctively!

> A couple of quick things:
 Everyone: I still have a little bit of a problem getting over the "mental
 images" I have of raw foods.  That is, I visualize a lot (that would
 include the way things smell or taste as well, I suppose) before I
 actually smell, taste and eat.  In fact, I will often eat based on what I
 have in my mind; it usually works out so that the taste and the smell
 appeal to me following the image, so it shouldn't be a big transgression
 to do this.

Bob:
Me too ... & after several years!

>The question I have is: do any of the Instinctos here actually believe that
 one can be successful at eating another food following something as
 strong tasting as an onion (garlic or acidic fruits would also qualify I
 think)?  I mean, after having some onion, you hardly feel your tongue,
 let alone the taste of another food on it.

>>Bob:
Not sure how to define "successful" here, my sense is that nothing else seems
to smell or taste delectable & delicious for some time after eating something
strong, so I generally don't, 'cause it probably wouldn't be "successful".  I
assume that the reason the body interprets something as being "strong", so
strong that it wipes out sense of taste/smell for awhile) is that whatever
chemicals are in that food require all the body's chemistry to process & if
we shovel something else down the chute, it probly won't be assimilated
properly.??  Yes?

In a message dated 97-08-10 18:12:02 EDT, [log in to unmask] (Karen D Haas)
writes:

 I just made some wonderful home made peanut butter. I bought raw peanuts,
 sprouted for two days & now am drying...they taste fabulous!!! >>

bob:
Now THAT's MY kinda peanut butter.  sprout 'em two days & make the butter
intra orally with no other ingredients!!  Attagal!

In a message dated 97-08-10 18:24:06 EDT, [log in to unmask] (Dariusz
ROZYCKI) writes:

<<
 Actually, I never have tried sprouted peanuts yet.  Somehow I always
 associate peanuts with heavy chemical processing (possibly from
 overeating in my childhood days), forgetting that they do come in the
 more natural way as well.

Bob:
Yes, I've been buying them from Jaffee in 25# bags--apparently organic,
unheated & rather delicious; they seem to decrease the "need" of dead animals
considerably for me!  :-)

ealth, appines & raw nuts to ya,

Bob