RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 03:22:26 GMT
Ellie wrote:
>Since I am doing the work of releasing pent up emotions from the past--a
>detoxifying process--the more detoxifying my diet has become, the faster
>my mental health has improved. For me this has been in the direction of
>raw and instinctive eating.

I too have been doing mental housekeeping, and I too find that raw food
eating has enhanced this process ( it also seems to bring stuff to the
surface).  What I am beginning to experience is more a sense of being whole
than I can ever remember.

Ellie:
>As for fruit addicts and mental health,I have no statistics, but based on
>theory, it is more likely that addicts are attracted to high fruit diets
>and it it not the diet that makes them emotionally ill.  These diets are
>detoxifying and therefore people may release more negative emotions while
>on these raw diets. Overly cooked food is sedating and would give the
>outward appearence of mental health. Mental health is not an absence of
>emotions, but the ability to react to stress with healthy emotions.

i don't remember the source, apparently there is a connection between
nutrition and brain chemistry.  Certain foods tend to stimulate the brain
thus promoting more responsive behavior, while others allow the brain to
relax more and so allow better thinking with consequently more considerate
behavior.   This is my take on it anyway.  It seems (from memory) that
carbohydrates induce the former, fats the latter.  It also depends on
whether all the body chemistry is intact or not.

I hope this is close to how I read it - I will post an update when I find
the source.

Speaking of sauce... Well I really prefer (at the moment) mixing diced onion
with avocado, rather than each separate,  what would the instictos think !

Lynton