RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michele Deradune <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 96 22:40:22 CST
        Viktoras Kulvinskas reports an experiment done in Boston a few years
back where a houseful of people eating a Hippocrates-style mostly-raw to
all-raw diet tried for a long period of time (2-3 years?) eating fruits and
vegetables from the local supermarkets, non-organic, as well as drinking tap
water.  This is what happened:  People were getting well!  People with tumors,
their tumors were shrinking.

        I was so glad to hear about this, because there were so many times I
rationalized to not get produce from the store because it was not organic, but
what I ate instead (because I did not have organic available to me or more
usually because I could not afford the organic) was really not healthful food.
After learning of this, I know longer feel compunction about buying non-organic
produce -- and I have experienced also that these foods have been beneficial.
Certainly there is NO doubt organic is better, but the plant foods still are
good when otherwise!