RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Douglas Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 1996 23:15:24
Martha (Fred in drag?) wrote:

>I was just wondering how one would tell if they were taking calorie
>restriction too far.  Given that there is some minimum
> caloric  requirement for a body, how would its owner know if it was
> being met?   If some undesireable symptom arose, would the calorie
> restrictor be able to tell if it was a symptom of anorexia (starving), or
> deep detox, or some other cause?

You are making it way too complex.  All you need to do is look at a
scale, & if you keep losing, you are not eating enough or are
exerting yourself too much for what your intake is.

In practice, mental factors can predominate in the decision of how
restricted you choose to be, with lethargy/mild depression being
evident sometimes if you are "too" restricted.

--Doug Schwartz