From:
Walter & Susan Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 1996 17:38:00 -0600

Don,

Thanks for a very interesting article on researchers looking at the possible
connection between some neurological problems and gluten.  I found it
interesting that their study seemed only to look at the immunological side
of things.

I haven't had any immunoglobulins tested on me specifically, but I have on
my daughter, Grace, and on my Dad who has alzheimers.  Their tests came back
negative on the celiac immunoglobulin test suite.  Nevertheless, all three
of us have improved neurologically on gluten/free and casein/free too,.  My
daughter's inability to potty train due to both lack of control and lack of
sensation at age four was solved by the diet, and her movement, which had
been quite delayed, is now normal, except for still a little muscle
weakness.  When I changed my diet, I quit dropping things unexpectedly, quit
having severe migraines, retained better balance, and my handwriting, which
had been deteriorating seriously (triple L's instead of double L's,  skipped
letters, making loops backwards, lack of rhythm, inconsistent slant) and it
is now back to normal.  My dad developed an enormously improved continency
and stepped back up to moderate to severe dementia from severe dementia.

Maybe these doctors are overlooking something! It might not all be
immunological...

Susan Owens