RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 04:03:53 EST
On Wed, 18 Dec 1996 09:38:58 -0500 Ward Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

>The point remains that by far the most reliable sources of these
bacteria and their B-12 are found in animal food sources such as meat, etc. And
as we see in the Natural Hygiene M2M and hear about from Hygienic doctors,
>more than just a few vegans are B-12 deficient and need to take
>supplements. In the real world, it does not appear that B-12 in the dirt
on produce, or from the intestinal tract--whatever non-animal-food sources there
maybe--is sufficient for everyone.

Yes, I agree.  Those animals (people) with poor digestion, unable to
absorb B-12 from the bacteria living in their gut, need either to improve
their digestion so that they can absorb this B-12 (by fasting or
whatever), to eat other healthy animals (or their products) that do have
sufficient digestive power to assimilate B-12, or to find some other way
to get their B-12 (pills, nasal sprays, shots).

Bob Avery ([log in to unmask])