RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 24 Dec 1996 01:34:55 EST
From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Axel,

>Aren' there any plant foods with enough quantities of this EPA?
>Gabriel Cousens told me once to eat flaxseed oil, but I refused. Later I
tried to eat the soaked seeds, but the taste was too bland, boring. Maybe
>blended they would be OK. Any negative thing about flaxseeds? There is
always  ome toxin, some study showing how terrible they are, etc. Are they safe
to  eatt? Of course I wouldn't eat them if I were living out in the forest.
>What is the veg-raw RDA for them?

I've never heard of anything bad in flax seeds, but I agree with you
about the taste.  I don't eat them very often because of that.  There are
many foods with EFA's, and EPA may be overrated.  Anyway, I don't seem to
need it.  At one time, though, I did take a lot of flax oil as a
supplement (tastes better than the whole seeds).  The longer you've been
on a terrible cooked-fat diet, the more you need that stuff.

Bob Avery ([log in to unmask])