RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Swedish Vegetarian Society <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 1996 19:32:25 +0100
>I was told that the way to separate alfalfa sprouts from the hulls is to put
>the mixture in a bowl of water. Sprouts will stay at the surface and hulls
>will go down. Is it correct (or just the opposite)? Are there other methods?

>Pierre Gaumond.       <[log in to unmask]>

The alfalfa sprouts are super, I love them and try to take care of them the
best I can. These advices I wish to share with you...

Alfalfa will grow best when you bathe them at least twice, first after four
days of sprouting and second when they are ready to eat after seven days or
more. Put them in a bowl of water (as you say) and you will see some hulls
sinking down to the bottom and others floating up to the surface. The
sprouts themselves are hanging just under the surface and will lose more
hulls if you carefully grab some with your fingers and shake them gently in
the water. Put the sprouts back in their strainer, jar, bucket or whatever
utensil you use for sprouting them in, when they are done they can very well
be stored in your fridge in the same thing they grew up in. The first time
you bathe them they loose only a part of all hulls but will now be separated
from each other and grow even better than before. Continue to rinse them
every morning and evening until the second bath, when the most of the
remaining hulls will fall off. Remember to compost the hulls instead of
flushing them away in the sink where they may get stuck.

Additionally I wish to tell you about a wonderful device that energizes your
tapwater to almost wellwaterdegree (am I making myself understood?). It is
known that wellwater has a great charge of life energy and lots of oxygen.
This is not the fact with tapwater, it is almost empty of energy and has a
lack of oxygen due to its travel in straight pipes. However, when the water
travels through a whirlmaker of a certain design that allows the water to
flow just like it would in a free stream, it gets charged with energy up to
a degree close to free, fresh wellwater. This device is made in Germany and
I use it for my sprouts who definitely grows better on whirled water than on
ordinary tapwater. For those of you interested in this subject I strongly
recommend the book "The Living Water" by Olof Alexandersson, it is about the
austrian nature philosopher Viktor Shauberger who is for water what Ann
Wigmore, David Couscens and others are for food. Alfalfas are simply
wonderful little beings who deserve the best, this is why I talk so warmly
over the living water and the whirlmakerdevice, I dont sell it myself but if
you are interested in one, they probably have it at the Ann Wigmore
institute in Puerto Rico, or I can find out the address to the manufacturer
in Germany. It is expensive but worth every penny. Wish you the best of luck
with the father of all food - Al-Fal-Fa.

Krister Knutars